|Reports To:||Chief Financial Officer|
The Lead Estimator is the primary member of the estimating team who has overall responsibility for the preparation of cost estimates and proposals.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for the oversight of the estimating process for all cost estimates and bid proposals generated by RHC.
- Establish standardized procedures, methods and processes for estimating projects.
- Will train other estimators in proper estimation techniques and processes.
- Assigns responsibilities for estimating team on each project.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Assist in the oversight and management of historical cost databases and estimating software package.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blue prints, specifications, and related documents.
- Reviews project plans and specifications and coordinates with the team to confirm complete scope.
- Conduct project look backs to compare actual performance to proposals and make recommendations on process improvements to increase profitability.
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing.
- Reviews constructability issues with operational staff.
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image.
- Assist project personnel on successful proposals as follows:
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects including the Job Kick-off Meeting o Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested
- Participate in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate
- Pricing of change impacts as required
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- At least (3-5) years of work experience in Industrial Construction with at least 5 years of estimating experience desired.
- Process Piping and Civil experience highly desirable.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of supervisors and employees. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and in team.
- Be proficient in all computer software programs used in estimating with particular emphasis on B2W estimating software.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Knowledge of occupational safety and workplace hazard identification.
- Other Requirements:
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and State automobile insurance and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
- Completion of substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as; hot and cold temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and loud noise in which all are common oil and gas field exposures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands and fingers to touch, handle, and feel; and speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, and occasionally required to stop, kneel, bend, squat, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift 12 to 20 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move 21 to 50 lbs.
- Some overtime and weekends will be required.