How We Do It
Preparation and Planning
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for most activities
- Job Safety Plans (JSP’s) for all High Hazard Activities
- Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA’s) for all field processes every day
- Behavior-Based Safety Management (BBSM) since 1997 & licensed with BST
- Stop Work Authority Taken (SWAT) process with which all employees are empowered and expected to participate in
- Safety Advisors coach and mentor RHC operational supervision
- Managers perform advanced safety audits with customers
- Executive engagement at safety meetings and in the field at all locations
Advanced Information Systems
- Comprehensive Reporting and Information Management System. This system gives us the data to perform advanced predictive analytics to spot breakdowns in our system or potential high probability incidents before they happen. In this system we track all:
- Near Hits
- SWAT Cards
- Corrective Actions
- Compliance Assurance System. This is a closed loop system which allows us to track our audit results and corrective actions to ensure that corrective actions are being implemented and followed up on in a timely manner. This system tracks all:
- Job Safety Reviews
- Corrective Actions
RHC also provides a set of safety measures and deliverables designed for our customers through our RHC Safety team and resources.
Every customer receives these services:
- Onsite job review and analysis
- Safety resources
- Training resources
- Data analysis
- Incident investigation
- Risk management
Don’t just take our word for it, RHC has received the following safety awards:
ABC STEP Platinum Award 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
To achieve ABC’s STEP Platinum level, among other requirements, a company must have a total recordable incident rate at least 25 percent below specific industry averages for their NAICS Code and maintain an EMR of 0.80.
ABC STEP Diamond Award 2014, 2017
To achieve ABC’s STEP Diamond level, among other requirements, a company must have a total recordable incident rate at least 50 percent below specific industry averages for their NAICS Code and maintain an EMR of 0.70.
ABC National Safety Merit Award 2010, 2011, 2012
ABC National Safety Excellence Award 2009, 2013
The National Safety Excellence Award sets companies apart from their competition. Consider this: Out of 30,000+ ABC member firms across the country, fewer than 800 are eligible to apply— that’s less than 3 percent of the entire ABC membership! Of those fortunate few, only twelve won the honor of calling themselves “National Safety Excellence Award winners” for 2013 — the pinnacle of safety achievement in merit shop construction.
ABC National Safety Pinnacle Award 2014
To achieve ABC’s highest Safety Excellence Award, a company must have previously won the National Safety Excellence Award and be judged by a National Board of Directors as a “Truly World Class” safety organization. In 2014 there were only seven companies to be recognized at ABC’s highest level of safety performance in the United States.