Safety is controlling exposure to self and others "everyday....Everyone stays alive & well"!
Our Safety Philosophy
At RHC we define safety as controlling exposure to self and others.
RHC is committed to meeting a set of high safety standards throughout the process of each of the construction services we perform. By following our safety philosophy, we take every safety measure necessary to make sure every day everyone goes home alive and well while completing every task the right way every time.
The RHC Safety Philosophy
Everyone Goes Home Alive and Well Every Day!
- All injuries, incidents and occupational illnesses are preventable.
- Preventing incidents and injuries to ensure all employees go home safe every day is our most important business objective.
- Safety is line management’s responsibility, including front-line supervisors.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Employees have the obligation to stop unsafe operations
Our team has worked tirelessly to develop our own brand of safety. We’ve developed sets of quality safety measures and services for both internal and external use, making our approach to safety different from any other construction company.
RHC's Internal Safety Measures
- RHC requires comprehensive safety training for all our employees and contractors.
- We dispatch an experienced and highly-qualified team of dedicated safety professionals to serve on every job site.
- A highly-trained Behavior Based Safety Management (BBSM) team.
- An industry-leading incident investigation process.
- A custom-built safety database and incident reporting system.
How We Do It
Preparation & Planning
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for most activities
- Job Safety Plans (JSP’s) for all High Hazard Activities
- Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA’s) for all field processes every day
- Behavior-Based Safety Management (BBSM) since 1997 & licensed with BST
- Stop Work Authority Taken (SWAT) process with which all employees are empowered and expected to participate in
Advanced Information Systems
- Comprehensive Reporting an Information Management System. This system gives us the data to perform advanced predictive analytics to spot breakdowns in our system or potential high probability incidents before they happen. In this system we track all:
- Near Hits
- SWAT cards
- Corrective Actions
- Safety Advisors coach and mentor RHC operational supervision
- Managers perform advanced safety audits with customers
- Executive engagement at safety meeting and in the field at all locations
Compliance Assurance System
- This is a closed loop system which allows us to track our audit results and corrective actions to ensure that corrective actions are being implemented and followed up on in a timely manner. This system tracks all:
- Job Safety Reviews
- Corrective Actions
Project Safety Awards and Recognitions
Don’t just take our word for it, RHC has received the following safety awards: