|Reports To:||Human Resources Manager|
|Location:||Bakersfield Corporate Office|
The HR Coordinator’s job entails providing a comprehensive administrative support to day-to- day operations of human resources. The HR Coordinator works closely with all RHC departments to provide a customer focused and effective support service to achieve the organization goals and objectives.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- HR Coordinator prepares and posts job advertisements, screens applications, arranges interviews, participates in the selection process. Places ads in newspapers, RHC Career website and Facebook pages, employment centers, college job boards and alumni associations, and other appropriate advertising venues.
- Provides general support such as preparing forms and reports, arranging meetings, processing confidential reports and documents.
- Handles documentation needed for new hires, changes in pay, status and benefits.
- Manages sensitive and confidential matters such as personnel relations, employee relations, organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Exercises individual judgment while dealing with employee issues.
- Conduct HR portion of New Hire Orientation and provide support in completion of new hire paperwork and documents.
- Maintain employee information such as performance reviews in HR data base.
- Tracks resumes and applications. Responds, if possible, by email, to all applicants.
- Match skills, abilities and knowledge of qualified applicants to open job requisitions and forwards the information to hiring managers.
- Takes applications and conducts preliminary interviews of walk-in applicants.
- Develops relationship with educational institutions to identify potential applicants
- Attends job fairs including travelling to out of town locations if necessary.
- Develops applicant base.
- Identifies, reviews and advises tasks related to recruitment process and employment strategies to meet HR requirements.
- Work with our temporary staffing agencies to request, interview, select and track temporary employees.
Additional Functions of the Position:
- Explain benefit programs to current and prospective employees
- Disburse benefit packages to eligible employees and aid in completing enrollment
- Conducts exit interviews or acts as a witness for exit interviews if necessary
- Receives RHC equipment such as phones, H2S monitors, FR clothing and any other equipment for departing employees and returns equipment to appropriate sources
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 year(s) of work experience.
- Minimum of six months experience in Oil/Gas/Petrochemical Construction desired.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of supervisors and employees. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and in team.
- Medium proficiency in Windows Operating Systems including Microsoft Office tools
- Other Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and State automobile insurance and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout.
- Completion of substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands and fingers to touch, handle, and feel; and speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, and occasionally required to stop, kneel, bend, squat, and crouch.
- Some overtime and weekends will be required.